Friday, June 17, 2011

HOW many days left?!

According to the countdown on my phone, only 10 days, 10 hours, and 20 minutes remain until we leave! (That would be specific to my family only, we're leaving a day early to go to TN and visit with Mike's Grandma for a day.) We're planning on heading out of Jax somewhere between midnight and 1:00 am on Tuesday the 28th. I'm almost at a loss as to how to handle the long drives with a 17-month-old. We don't have a portable DVD player, nor would it be possible to securely attack one in the car (at least not so she could see it). So we're relying on some new toys, new books, and (hopefully) interesting books on CD. Anything to avoid playing her favorite song over and over again (that happened to me on our last drive back from Pensacola....I had to play it for the last 90 minutes - and that was a LONG 90 minutes, let me just say).

Other than figuring out how to entertain her, there really isn't much left to do. Packing can't really happen until the day before, so I'm currently keeping myself busy (vacation-wise, I mean) by trying to figure out whether or not we're going to have enough room in our car for everything we need. I think we will, but I also have absolutely NO ability to estimate (really, I mean that. No ability whatsoever.), so I don't think we'll know for sure until we actually pack up the car.

It's going to be an amazing trip, though! Can't wait...only 10 days! Hooray!!!!

No comments: